Leading the Lean Agile Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework™
This class teaches the material necessary to earn the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification.
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe® Principles
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
Course Goals: Empower SAs to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in the enterprise
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Continuously explore, integrate, deploy, and release value
- Help develop a Lean Portfolio
- Coordinate the development of large solutions
- Enhance their Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in their enterprise
Duration: This is a two-day class held from 8:30 AM to 5 PM. Included in the cost are a light breakfast served at 8:00 AM and Lunch at mid-day.
Included with the Course:
- Two-day Leading SAFe® 4.5 in-person course and workbook
- Exam fee for one attempt towards the SA certification
- One year membership as a certified SA upon course completion and a passing grade on the exam
- Breakfast and lunch
While five or more years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management and experience in Agile Scrum are highly recommended, no prior experience is required.
Prerequisites for SA Certification:
- Complete the two-day Leading SAFe® 4.5 in-person course from an certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
- Pass the SA exam
- The exam is administered online (web based, single browser), closed book, no outside assistance, and timed at 90 minutes (1.5 hours).
- It is a multiple choice exam.
- Candidates have 30 days to take the exam after course completion. An exam fee of $50 will be charged by Scaled Agile Inc., if the exam is taken after the 30-day window.
- Candidates access the exam via the SAFe® Community Platform upon course completion.
- Exam retakes will be subject to a $50 fee by Scaled Agile Inc.
- A second attempt at passing the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. A third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for questions regarding exam retakes.
- The exam is administered in English.
- The passing score is a 34 out of 45 (76%).
Exam Study Materials:
- Class course materials
- Study guide – Details the SA role and all resources related to the exam, including a reading list. THe guide is available via the Learning Plan in the SAFe® Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – Designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam, and contains the same number of questions, question levels of difficulty, and time duration. It is not the actual exam and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost.
- Sample test – Download questions
Included with the Certification:
- SAFe 4 Agilist PDF certificate
- SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events to connect with other SAFe certified professionals
- Additional of learning resources
Certification Renewal: Membership renewals are one year from the date the certification is earned and cost $100.