Advancing Scrum Master Servant Leadership with SAFe®
This class teaches the material necessary to earn the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification.
- SAFe® framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
Course Goals: Empower SASMs to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Duration: This is a two-day class held from 9 AM to 5 PM. Included in the cost are a light breakfast served at 0830 and Lunch at mid-day.
Included with the Course:
- Two-day SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master in-person course and workbook
- Exam fee for one attempt towards the SASM certification
- One year membership as a certified SASM upon course completion and a passing grade on the exam
- Breakfast and lunch
Ii is strongly suggested that attendees be certified in one of the following certifications: SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
Prerequisites for SASM Certification:
- Complete the two-day SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master in-person course from an certified SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) or SAFe® Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
- Pass the SASM exam
- The exam is administered online (web based, single browser), closed book, no outside assistance, and timed at 120 minutes (2 hours).
- It is a multiple choice exam.
- Candidates have 30 days to take the exam after course completion. An exam fee of $50 will be charged by Scaled Agile Inc., if the exam is taken after the 30-day window.
- Candidates access the exam via the SAFe® Community Platform upon course completion.
- Exam retakes will be subject to a $50 fee by Scaled Agile Inc.
- The exam is administered in English.
- The passing score is a 57 (70%).
Exam Study Materials:
- Class course materials
- Sample Test Questions
Included with the Certification:
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
Certification Renewal: Membership renewals are one year from the date the certification is earned, cost $195 and require 10 continuing education/outreach hours.