Empowering Teams to Deliver Value in the SAFe® Enterprise
This class teaches the material necessary to earn the SAFe® Practioner (SP) certification.
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
Course Goals: Empower SPs to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan Iterations
- Execute Iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
Duration: This is a two-day class held from 9 AM to 5 PM. Included in the cost are a light breakfast served at 0830 and Lunch at mid-day.
Included with the Course:
- Two-day SAFe® Practioner in-person course and workbook
- Exam fee for one attempt towards the SP certification
- One year membership as a certified SP upon course completion and a passing grade on the exam
- Breakfast and lunch
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those intending to take the exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Prerequisites for SA Certification:
- Complete the two-day SAFe® Practioner in-person course from an certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
- Pass the SP exam
- The exam is administered online (web based, single browser), closed book, no outside assistance, and timed at 90 minutes (1.5 hours).
- It is a multiple choice exam.
- Candidates have 30 days to take the exam after course completion. An exam fee of $50 will be charged by Scaled Agile Inc., if the exam is taken after the 30-day window.
- Candidates access the exam via the SAFe® Community Platform upon course completion.
- Exam retakes will be subject to a $50 fee by Scaled Agile Inc.
- A second attempt at passing the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. A third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding exam retakes.
- The exam is administered in English.
- The passing score is a 35 out of 45 (78%).
Exam Study Materials:
- Class course materials
- Study guide – Details the SP role and all resources related to the exam, including a reading list. The guide is available via the Learning Plan in the SAFe® Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – Designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam, and contains the same number of questions, question levels of difficulty, and time duration. It is not the actual exam and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe® Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost.
- Sample test – Download questions.
Included with the Certification:
- SAFe 4 Practioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 4 Practioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events to connect with other SAFe certified professionals
- Additional of learning resources
Certification Renewal: Membership renewals are one year from the date the certification is earned and cost $100.