Delivering value through effective Program Increment execution
This class teaches the material necessary to earn the SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager (POPM) certification.
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
Course Goals: Empower SAFe® POPMs to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
Duration: This is a two-day class held from 9 AM to 5 PM. Included in the cost are a light breakfast served at 0830 and Lunch at mid-day.
Included with the Course:
- Two-day SAFe® POPM in-person course and workbook
- Exam fee for one attempt towards the POPM certification
- One year membership as a certified POPM upon course completion and a passing grade on the exam
- Breakfast and lunch
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® 4.5 course
- Experience working in a SAFe® environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Prerequisites for POPM Certification:
- Complete the two-day SAFe® POPM in-person course from an certified SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) or SAFe® Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
- Pass the POPM exam
- The exam is administered online (web based, single browser), closed book, no outside assistance, and timed at 90 minutes (1.5 hours).
- It is a multiple choice exam.
- Candidates have 30 days to take the exam after course completion. An exam fee of $50 will be charged by Scaled Agile Inc., if the exam is taken after the 30-day window.
- Candidates access the exam via the SAFe® Community Platform upon course completion.
- Exam retakes will be subject to a $50 fee by Scaled Agile Inc.
- A second attempt at passing the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. A third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for questions regarding exam retakes.
- The exam is administered in English.
- The passing score is a 35 out of 45 (78%).
Exam Study Materials:
- Class course materials
- Study guide – Details the POPM role and all resources related to the exam, including a reading list. The guide is available via the Learning Plan in the SAFe® Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – Designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam, and contains the same number of questions, question levels of difficulty, and time duration. It is not the actual exam and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost.
- Sample test – Download questions
Included with the Certification:
- SAFe® POPM PDF certificate
- SAFe® POPM digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events to connect with other SAFe certified professionals
- Additional of learning resources
Certification Renewal: Membership renewals are one year from the date the certification is earned and cost $100.