Applying the Scrum Master Role within a SAFe® Enterprise
This class teaches the material necessary to earn the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe® enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
Course Goals: Empower SSMs to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe® Enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe®
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration Execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
Duration: This is a two-day class held from 9 AM to 5 PM. Included in the cost are a light breakfast served at 0830 and Lunch at mid-day.
Included with the Course:
- Two-day Leading SAFe® Scrum Master in-person course and workbook
- Exam fee for one attempt towards the SSM certification
- One year membership as a certified SSM upon course completion and a passing grade on the exam
- Breakfast and lunch
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend.
Prerequisites for SSM Certification:
- Complete the two-day SAFe® Scrum Master in-person course from an certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
- Pass the SSM exam
- The exam is administered online (web based)and open book. Candidates have 30 days from the course completion date to answer all questions and submit their exam.
- It is a multiple choice exam.
- Candidates have 30 days to take the exam after course completion. An exam fee of $50 will be charged by Scaled Agile Inc., if the exam is taken after the 30-day window.
- Candidates access the exam via the SAFe® Community Platform upon course completion.
- Exam retakes will be subject to a $50 fee by Scaled Agile Inc.
- The exam is administered in English.
- The passing score is a 31 (72%).
Exam Study Materials:
- Class course materials
- Sample Test Questions
Included with the Certification:
- SSM PDF certificate
- SSM digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
Certification Renewal: Membership renewals are one year from the date the certification is earned, cost $100, and require 10 continuing education/outreach hours per year.